03:44:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
03:42:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
My books of Jane Austen went with me of course!
10:01:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
05:48:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
Main Characters of Northanger Abbey
04:47:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
Jane Austen Biography
10:03:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
Death and Legacy
Main Characters - Persuasion
05:27:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory. There seems something more speakingly incomprehensible in the powers, the failures, the inequalities of memory, than in any other of our intelligences. The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control! We are, to be sure, a miracle every way; but our powers of recollecting and of forgetting do seem peculiarly past finding out.
02:55:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
JANE AUSTEN, Mansfield Park
How would say Mr.. Nobley: "... the idea of a simpler world where love is straight forward and lasting.
03:49:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
..... Jane, you are my fantasy."
good morning (ingles)
03:14:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
bom dia (português)
buenos dias (esp)
bo día (galego)
bona tago (esperanto)
Bon jour (frances)
يوم جيد (árabe)
guten Tag (alemao)
好日子ou Hǎo rìzi (chines)
buona giornata (italiano)
bra dag (sueco)
روز خوب (persa)
Tenki no yoi hi (japones)
καλημέρα ou kali̱méra (grego)
Main characters of Pride and Prejudice
10:29:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
Lady Catherine de Bourgh
Aunt and Uncle Gardiner
I don't know if I told you but I'm Portuguese.
05:29:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
Here in Portugal the weather is horrible, it's raining and cold.
I just want to stay home and read a book from our favorite author and drinking hot tea!
7 interesting facts about Jane Austen
A descendant of celebrated English author Jane Austen is launching a new foundation named after her relative to support literary projects.
05:27:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
Austen is the fifth great aunt of Caroline Jane Knight, who was born and raised in Chawton, Hampshire, England, which was the home of the Pride and Prejudice author for the last eight years of her life.
The Jane Austen Literary Foundation is a collaboration with the World Literacy Summit 2014, and will "raise money to promote literacy around the world," Knight said.
Austen, who is consistently recognized as one of the most important English-language literary voices in history, came of age in England's Georgian era, a time of immense social and artistic change. Here are seven interesting facts you may not know about Austen's life.
• Austen was one of eight children -- she had six brothers and one sister, Cassandra, who was one of her closest friends.
• As a youth, she caught typhus and almost died.
• By age 23, Austen had finished the original versions of Northanger Abbey, Sense and Sensibility, and Pride and Prejudice.
• Austen never married, but she once accepted a marriage proposal from the wealthy brother of a close friend. She turned him down the following day after coming to terms with the fact that she didn't love him.
• Austen died at age 41 of illness after a slow, painful decline in physical condition. The type of illness has never been confirmed, but researchers have speculated Hodgkin's lymphoma, bovine tuberculosis, or a delayed relapse of epidemic typhus as strong possibilities.
• In Austen's lifetime, all her works were published anonymously. Her first published novel, Sense and Sensibility, was credited "By a Lady." Her next book, Pride and Prejudice, was credited to "The Author of Sense and Sensibility."
• The title of Pride and Prejudice was inspired by the book Cecilia by Fanny Burney. One of the characters says, "The whole of this unfortunate business," said Dr Lyster, "has been the result of pride and prejudice. [...] if to pride and prejudice you owe your miseries, so wonderfully is good and evil balanced, that to pride and prejudice you will also owe their termination.'
02:03:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
Oh Jj Field... you are so beautiful and sweet!
11:10:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
16:27:00 Liliana Pereira 0 Comments
- Jane Austen
- Seth Grahame-Smith
- Picture from the land of dreams!
- font: austenconfessions.tumblr.com/
- Northanger Abbey
- Lizzie is so bad sometimes(in good away)!
- Generally our first choice isn't the best! We have...
- I'm one of those days where I just want go to a de...
- I promisse..
- Hello ladies and gentlemen. Today I'm going to Ave...
- Main Characters of Northanger Abbey
- Jane Austen Biography
- All Heroines
- Main Characters - Persuasion
- Jane Austen World
- If any one faculty of our nature may be called mor...
- How would say Mr.. Nobley: "... the idea of a simp...
- good morning (ingles) bom dia (português)buenos di...
- Main characters of Pride and Prejudice
- I don't know if I told you but I'm Portuguese. Her...
- Jane Austen Game
- 7 interesting facts about Jane Austen
- Yesterday, I saw Austerland and I loved! Oh Jj F...
- <3 Mr.Darcy :D
- Well, today I 'll see Austenland!Jj Field appears...
- Have you seen this series?
- Becoming Jane
- Hello! Sorry I have not posted anything today but...
- heheheheheheeheh xD
- ▼ April (31)